- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 4 ½ C. shredded cabbage
- 2 T. dried minced onions
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans garlic fire roasted diced tomatoes, no added sugar (see tips below)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. IP salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 C. beef broth (fat free, low sodium)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; brown ground beef. Halfway through browning, add minced onion and onion powder. Drain any fat.
- Place browned ground beef mixture in a soup pot or Dutch oven; add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Bring soup to a boil, cover and turn heat down. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings, to taste.
TIP: I use fire roasted diced tomatoes to add flavor; however, any flavor of diced tomatoes may be used. If using plain canned tomatoes, I season the soup with additional herbs and spices, to taste.
Servings: Entire recipe = 32 oz. lean protein + 8 C. veggies; ¼ recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 295 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children.