PIZZA BURGER CASSEROLE
*You will need to make the Spaghizza Marinara Sauce Recipe as part of this dish
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 ¾ C. shredded zucchini
- 1 C. Spaghizza Marinara Sauce (recipe in files on Facebook and cookbook pg. 50)
- ½ C. chopped bell peppers (I used green & yellow)
- ½ C. sliced mushrooms
- ¼ C. sliced green onion
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place shredded zucchini in a strainer, sprinkle about ½ tsp. of salt and mix in. Let sit
while working on the rest of the casserole.
3. In a medium sized fry pan over med/med hi heat, brown ground beef. Season with
onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Halfway through browning, add
bell peppers, mushrooms and green onions. Stir to cook veggies and finish browning
the ground beef. Drain any fat, set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, place the 4 eggs and 2 egg whites; using a whisk, slightly beat eggs
together until mixed. Set aside.
5. Place the zucchini on a work surface. Press with several paper towels to absorb the
moisture out of the zucchini, then put in the egg mixture and stir to incorporate evenly.
6. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
7. Evenly layer the ground beef mixture, then the spaghizza sauce and top with the egg
mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake approximately 25 minutes. Casserole is done when you can wiggle the dish and
the center doesn’t jiggle but is firm. Do not over bake or eggs will get dry.
NOTES: *You will need to have the Spaghizza Marinara sauce recipe made for this dish, the
recipe for the sauce is in the files at Janeva’s Ideal Recipes Facebook page.
SERVINGS: Entire recipe is 16 oz. lean meat + 4 C. veggies. You will eat ½ the dish for your 1 – 8
oz. lean meat + 2 C. veggies.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or
www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds
will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children
and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.