- 1. C. asparagus, cut in 1” pieces
- 1 T. lime juice
- 3 T. Pico de Gallo (recipe in this cookbook)
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 C. chopped green onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 or 2 dashes red hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut asparagus spears in 1” pieces. Cut off any tough ends and discard.
- Place asparagus in a steamer on stovetop and steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Put steamed asparagus in a food processor; puree until smooth. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until cool.
- Place cooled asparagus puree in a medium bowl; fold in remaining ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator.
Servings: 2 C. veggies
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 295 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children.