- 8 oz lean ground beef
- taco seasoning, to taste
- Canned tomatoes & chillies
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- mockamole, to taste (use asparagus pureed instead of avocado – see recipe here)
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce
- pico de gallo, to taste
- cooking spray
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium frying pan, brown ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning.
- Spread ground beef evenly in a sprayed 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Drain canned tomatoes & chiles; spread evenly over beef mixture.
- Pour beaten eggs over the top; sprinkle with chopped cilantro (to taste).
- Bake 25 minutes or just until center of casserole is set and eggs no longer jiggle. Do not over bake, or eggs will go from tender to tough.
- Cut casserole into 4 squares. Using 2 squares, stack one on top of the other on a plate and serve topped with shredded lettuce, cilantro, mockamole and Pico de Gallo.
- Refrigerate the remaining 2 squares for another serving.
*If a can of diced tomatoes + green chiles is not available, I use 1 C. canned diced tomatoes (drained) and ½ C. canned diced green chiles (drained).