- 8 oz. fish fillet(s)
- 1 IP Southwest Cheese Curls, (pulverized in a blender to crumbs)
- Liquid egg whites
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Generously spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray (I use Pam all natural Olive Oil spray); set aside.
- Place enough liquid egg whites on a shallow plate to coat the fish fillet(s).
- Spread the Southwest cheese curls crumbs on a separate shallow plate.
- Making sure the fish fillet(s) are patted dry, dip both sides of the fillet(s) first in the egg whites and then in the Southwest crumbs coating the entire fillet(s).
- Place on the sprayed baking sheet; generously spray the tops of the fillet(s) with Olive Oil cooking spray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes turning once during baking. Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the fish fillet(s); always check the center of the fish with a fork, if it flakes easily it is done.
Servings: 8 oz. lean protein + 1 restricted; you will be using approximately 1-2 tsp. of olive oil to spray coat the fish on both sides.
TIP: Serve with Lemon wedges and Chipotle tartar sauce by combing Walden Farms Chipotle mayo with chopped pickles.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook featuring 295 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children.