- 2 – 8 oz. chicken breasts
- 2 C. hearts of palm (canned, about 8 pieces)
- 1 T + 1 tsp. olive oil (preferably butter flavored olive oil)
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
Dipping Sauce: (optional)
- Walden Farms Ketchup, to taste
- Walden Farms Amazin’ Mayo, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts inside a large resealable bag, flatten evenly with a meat hammer to ½” thick.
- Remove chicken, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder; cut each chicken breast in 4 strips crosswise.
- Place one hearts of palm at the end of each strip, roll up. Pin in place with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med/med high heat. Add lemon juice and chicken roll ups.
- Lightly brown on all sides, do not cook all the way through.
- Place chicken rollups in a baking dish, sprinkle with cilantro and pour the oil from the pan (if any left) over the top. Bake 15 minutes; serve w/sauce for dipping.
Servings: Entire recipe = 16 oz. lean protein + 2 C. occasional veggies + 4 tsp. olive oil; ½ recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 1 C. occasional veggies + 2 tsp. olive oil.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook on Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook featuring 297 recipes. A portion of the proceeds support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping feed starving children. Please do not share this recipe on social media to protect this important cause, instead refer any recipe requests to the Facebook recipe site or website listed above. Thank you.