- 1lb fresh turnips
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp SPLENDA brown sugar
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fat-free vegetable broth
- Peel turnips, remove stem, and slice thickly
- Simmer them in salted water for about 10 mins. They should be just tender when you take them out of the water.
- Drain them very well. Heat cooking spray in a skillet and brown the turnips in it.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and brown sugar, turning the turnips around to get colored. Add stock as needed to make a thin glaze. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Chop parsley or celery leaves and sprinkle over turnips.
- Serve hot