- 3 to 4 lb. Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Roast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ C. chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- Mix together all the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasoning mixture over the pork roast, using your hands, making sure entire roast is coated.
- Place the pork roast in a crockpot; pour the chicken broth around the sides of the roast being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 10 hours; turn the roast after it has cooked 5 hours.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks and serve. Use broth to moisten meat if needed, otherwise, discard remaining broth.
Servings: Entire recipe – 3 lbs. lean protein; 1/6 recipe = 8 oz. lean protein
TIP: Serve pork carnitas with the Tortilla Wraps and Mockamole (see recipe here), or use meat to make sliders with any of the bread recipes in the files.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 on Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.