- 1 maple or apple oatmeal mix (dry)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 T. liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp. *coconut oil (or grapeseed or olive oil)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 T. water
- Cooking spray (I use Pam coconut cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the liquid ingredients; mix well with a spatula making sure to incorporate the coconut oil.
- Drop 6 spoonfuls far apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray the back of the spoon with cooking spray and spread each cookie to the thickness of a thin mint.
- Bake 12 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
Servings – 6 cookies = 1 unrestricted
TIP: When spreading the cookies with the back of the spoon, wipe clean from any batter and spray again for each cookie. This will make them much easier to spread.
* Some clinics (like us at Ideal Weight Solutions) allow members to use coconut oil occasionally because of the nutritional value some members desire. If you substitute olive oil, they will not be as crispy on the outside and the texture will change. I highly recommend the coconut oil.
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff.
For more of Janeva’s recipes visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.