- 1 – 8 oz. chicken breast, raw
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Other spices of choice, to taste (I like Tony Cachere’s creole)
- Olive Oil Cooking spray
- Wooden skewers
Ingredients: (waffle batter)
- 1 IP plain pancake mix, dry
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 T. water
- 1 T. liquid egg whites
- Cooking spray
Ingredients: (Maple Chipotle Dijonnaise dipping sauce)
- 1 T. Walden Farms Chipotle mayo
- 1 T. Walden Farms pancake syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pound chicken breast to . “ thick; season with salt & pepper and other seasonings of choice. Cut chicken breast into 6 chunks as evenly sized as possible.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over med/med hi heat; when hot, place the chicken in the pan and cook for 1 . minutes. Turn chicken over; cook the other side for 1 minute. (Do not cook the chicken completely, the waffle iron will finish cooking it.)
- Remove chicken nuggets from the pan to a plate. Stick wooden skewers all the way into each chicken nugget.
- Preheat waffle iron and prepare waffle batter.
- To make the batter, place the waffle batter ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Dunk each chicken lollipop in the batter making sure to coat each side well.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray, cook the lollipop like a waffle according to manufacturer directions. (The skewers will be sticking out the sides of the waffle iron.)
- Repeat process until all lollipops are cooked keeping the others warm until finished.
- Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl; serve with the Chicken & Waffles Lollipops.
Servings: 8 oz. lean protein + 1 unrestricted
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook. A portion of the proceeds supports Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity providing meals to hungry kids worldwide.