- 1 ¾ C. cauliflower florets, riced (click here to learn how)
- ¼ C. chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 2 – 3 T. chicken broth, fat free low sodium
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Black pepper
- 6 oz. cubed pork, chicken, steak or shrimp (cooked), optional
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium/medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the riced cauliflower. Stir fry approximately 7 minutes using the chicken broth 1 T. at a time, as needed, if the pan starts to get too dry.
- Add the chopped green onion and garlic powder, stir fry 3 more minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender and done.
- Pour beaten egg into the pan with the rice and stir fry until done, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add lean protein and heat through, if using.
- Serve with cracked black pepper and soy sauce, to taste.
Servings: 2 C. veggies + 2 oz. lean protein (egg) + any other protein amounts if adding meats or seafood to the dish.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.