Ingredients: (Salisbury steak)
- 16 oz. lean ground beef
- 3 T. liquid egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard; or 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 T. Walden Farms ketchup (you may use tomato sauce or other sugar free ketchup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 C. sliced fresh mushrooms, any kind (I prefer maitake mushrooms)
- 1/4 C. sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. water
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients for the Salisbury steak and mix with two hands.
- Form 4 equal oval patties; set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add all mushroom ingredients. Stir fry over med/med hi heat until mushrooms are lightly browned and green onions are slightly limp; remove from pan and place in a covered bowl to keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, cook Salisbury steaks about 3 minutes each side over med/med hi heat; or until done.
- Plate Salisbury steaks, top with mushroom mixture. OPTIONAL: Serve over Cauliflower Mashed Faux-tatoes (see below).
Servings: Entire recipe = 16 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies; . recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 1 C. veggies
TIP: I used 1/4 of the entire recipe for the Cauliflower Mashed Faux-tatoes; this would total 2 C. veggies for the meal including the mushroom mixture. The recipe for the Cauliflower Mashed Faux-tatoes is in the files on Janeva’s Ideal Recipes Cookbook Phase 1 on Facebook OR Janeva’s Ideal Recipes cookbook pg. 86
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.