- 2 C. Jicama, cubed (1/2”)
- 1 ½ C. fresh portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ C. chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ – 1 tsp. *bacon flavor extract, optional
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place cubed jicama in a large bowl and microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med/med high heat. Add jicama, garlic powder and onion powder; stir-fry occasionally until browned. (This can take 25-30 minutes.)
- Add mushrooms and green onion. Stir fry until mushrooms are browned and cooked. Add bacon extract, salt and pepper; stir to heat through and serve.
Servings: Entire recipe = 4 C. veggies; ½ recipe = 2 C. veggies
TIP: I purchase the bacon from www.olivenation.com, it lends a salty smokey bacon flavor to the dish. This is a delicious side dish served with steak and eggs.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 295 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children.