- 1 potato puree mix (dry)
- 1 crispy cereal mix (dry), crushed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 C. liquid egg whites
- 1/4 C. (2 oz.) milk
- 1 tsp. *bacon flavoring
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Add wet ingredients; mix.
- Scoop batter into a sprayed donut pan making 4 bagels. (You may also use a muffin tin to make Bacon Biscuits or slider buns. Batter should make 6-8 biscuits, reduce baking time to 10 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes clean.)
- Bake approximately 12 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool completely. Toast lightly in the toaster before serving.
Servings: makes 4 bagels= 2 IP unrestricted; 2 bagels = 1 unrestricted. You will be using your daily milk (1 oz.) in one serving. Save the additional 2 bagels for the next day, or freeze for later.
TIP: I purchase the bacon flavoring at www.olivenation.com. These bagels make a great BLT sandwich by layering lettuce, tomato and Walden Farms Honey Mustard mayo between the bagels.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 295 phase one recipes. A portion of