CAULIFLOWER FAUXTATO SALAD
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
- 3 ¼ C. cauliflower, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2/3 C. water
- 2 T. chopped red onion
- ¼ C. + 1 T. chopped celery
- ¼ C. + 1 T. chopped snow pea pods
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1/3 C. Walden Farms honey Dijon mayo
- 1 tsp. chives (dry or fresh)
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. dried dill
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Paprika (for garnish)
1. Place cauliflower and water in a medium bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 8-10
minutes or until fork tender (but not mushy). Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. You will only be using 2
T. of the dressing to mix into the salad; reserve remaining and refrigerate for another
3. In a large bowl, place all the salad ingredients except eggs; toss gently to mix. Add 2 T.
dressing; fold into salad.
4. Add chopped eggs and fold, or, slice and top the salad.
5. Sprinkle salad with paprika for color.
Servings: Entire recipe = 4 C. veggies + 4 oz. lean protein; ½ recipe = 2 C. veggies + 2 oz. lean
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or
www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the new Phase 1 cookbook. A portion of the proceeds will
support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and
those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.